Before your appointment
Making your appointment
- Appointment bookings are essential – we are currently not able to take “walk in” appointments.
- The first step when seeking treatment for a dermatology condition is to speak with your General Practitioner (GP) in order to determine if your condition requires specialist treatment.
- Please note that skin specialist appointments are in high demand. In peak periods, this can result in Lismore Skin Clinic being booked out several weeks in advance.
- You may ask our reception staff to put you on our waiting list at the time of your booking so that you will be notified of any cancellations and be given the chance to attend an earlier appointment.
- Please visit our contact page or call (02) 6621 3500 to book your appointment.
- If you have an emergency, please contact Emergency Services by calling 000.
- If you have a skin condition that you believe is urgent, please communicate this with your GP who will be able to state this in their referral.
- We will do our best to ensure patient bookings are triaged appropriately.
- You will be contacted by our reception staff via phone or SMS to confirm your appointment prior to the scheduled day.
- We ask that you please provide us with at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend your appointment – this allows us to provide that appointment slot to somebody else and reduce overall waiting times for patients.
What to bring to your dermatologist appointment
- Referral letter from your GP
- Medicare card
- Any blood results, biopsy results or any other documentation that relates to your consult
- Any products you are currently using to treat your skin condition (creams, lotions, medications etc)
- Please do not wear any perfume to your appointment as this may trigger allergies for some of our other patients or staff. Also avoid wearing makeup to your appointment.
- All fees are due to be paid at the time of your consultation.
- Surgery and biopsies may attract fees in addition to the cost of a standard consultation.
- Many medical procedures (including hyperhidrosis treatment) attract a medicare rebate for eligible patients. For your convenience, the rebate can usually be credited to you at time of payment.
- Cosmetic procedures do not qualify for medicare rebates.
- As we are a private clinic, we are unable to offer bulk billing.
- Please speak with our staff if you require specialist treatment but are suffering from financial difficulty.
- Please contact our reception staff for the current fee schedule.